Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Japanese Misconception #1. Does Japan Accept Anime Nerds? CozplaiSenpai Video


I'm going to do a breakdown on my new friend's, Ibrahim, video on a Japanese Misconception as well as my opinion on it. 

Does Japan Accept Anime Nerds? 

"...And this misconception is that people think that Japan is like an anime paradise or mostly like the Japanese weeaboo community think that Japan is like an anime paradise where like once you get into Japan you are going to fit right in here..." 

My take on this is that I feel like this is true for most of my friends because with anime and other pop culture, we can relate and we talk a lot about it but then when I talk about Japanese culture outside of that, they don't know much about it or they are not extremely interested in it as I am. That's what separates me from being a weeaboo, I believe. 

"...you're going to be known as cool because of your anime knowledge and you're going to get lots of friend..."

I feel like a majority of people happen to think this and I have been to Japan twice already, plan to go again this summer after I graduate from high school and people just assume they will fit in. The only way they will possibly fit in with that mind set is if they live in Akihabara. If they don't go and see or research about Japan, they will go there disappointed. 
If they don't already know, the term otaku means to have an unhealthy obsession with something and it will look down upon. Its not bad in Japan to like anime, manga, maids, video games and stuff like that but if you are the type with anime posters all over the room and are full of anime related merchandise, you will look down upon. 

That's all I have to say about this topic and you should check out his channel, CozplaiSenpai, for more videos about Japan.  
 ----> CozplaiSenpai コスプレ先輩

No comments :

Post a Comment