Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

JapanFunBox Original Box June 2018 Review


JapanFunBox is a long running Japanese snack subscription box service that started back in 2015 and they send boxes full of Japanese candies and snacks all the way from Osaka, Japan. They fill up the box with candy including the latest fads and limited edition releases. Thank you very much JapanFunBox for sending a box to me for review.

JapanFunBox offers three different boxes to choose from with a base price of $14.99 for the mini box, $34.98 for the original box and $49.99 for the family box. They have free shipping worldwide. The box that I'll be reviewing is the original box, which includes 15-25 items, 1 DIY kit guaranteed, and possibly a special item.

























When you first open your JapanFunBox, you are greeted by this nice red cloth. Under that is the information card that gives a nice description of each snacks that are included in the box (mine is a sample box). It also includes the pictures for each items.


PURERAL Grape Flavored Gummy:
I love these type of gummys as you can really taste the natural fruit. What's interesting about these is that they're filled with grape flavors in the center. I ate all of these in one setting, I would recommend this brand to anyone. I'd like to try other fruit flavors. 

Noken Beeno: 
These were quite delicious, they’re similar to sun chips but with a green pea flavor. They’re not too salty, it’s very crunchy and they feel healthy when eating them, I’ll recommend these to anyone!


Minion - Banana Flavored Chocolate:
The packaging of this, for one, is so cute. The chocolate was very delicious, I didn't expect banana to work so well. The outer layer was milk chocolate and the inner layer was yellow for the banana flavor. This would be a nice small treat for kids. 

Ramen snack:
I wasn't able to try this ramen dish out since the seasoning, I believe, has pork in it. If it's like any other instant ramen packs, I'm sure it would have been tasty. 


Fettuccine Yogurt Flavored: 
I loved these, I have tried this candy before in other flavors such as orange and peach. I don't really like yogurt most of the time but I found the flavor of this quite interesting, kinda milky in a way. I would recommend this and any flavor of this candy.  

Dragon Ball Z Cheese Curl Puffs: 
These snacks are very similar to cheese puffs, very light in flavor though which I don't mind. Very simple snack, it was delicious and I finished it in one sitting. It also came with a Dragon Ball Z trading card!


Nihonichi Nagai Choco:
From the same company that does umaibo, this treat claims to be the longest chocolate treat. This was delicious and it taste like a chocolate wafer, chocolate on the outside and a cake filling. 

Candy DIY Kit: 
This was slightly different from all the other DIY kits I've done so far, these had lots of different parts. The first part, I had to make three different liquid flavors that change flavors and colors when mixed with yellow liquid. I had lots of fun with this!


Chocoball Caramel: 
These caramel balls are coated with chocolate. When you bite into the candy, the chocolate immediately dissolves in your mouth. The caramel at first taste like a tootsie roll but at the end, it's your usual caramel taste. 

Disney Chocolate Umbrellas: 
These were very cute, the wrappers had different Disney characters such as Mickey, Minnie, Stitch, etc. The chocolate was your usual milk chocolate and they were great. I found the packaging really nice and would be great as a small gift. 


Green Tea and Raspberry Kit Kat:
Matcha Kit Kat is definitely one of the most popular flavor of all the Kit Kat flavors.  It is not overly sweet and the delicate green tea flavor as just right. For the raspberry kit kat, you can definitely taste the fruity flavor as well as the small seeds of the berry. After that, you get the taste of white chocolate. Overall, it's delicious. 

Yokan:
Yokan has a very interesting texture, it looks like it would be like jelly but it’s not. It’s very similar to mochi and the taste is very light. The Ogura Yokan had anko (sweet red bean) in the center of the treat. The matcha one was my favorite ✨


Ninjin (carrot) Snack:
This is probably of the simpler tasting snack in the box, it's pretty much these mini snack puffs that are light in flavor. They fill up a packaging shaped like a carrot, which is really cute. 

Pretty Cure Chocolate Candy:
These chocolates are very similar to M&Ms and the packaging features an awesome design. When you lift up the inner package, the character changes in the circle. The chocolate themselves were good, your usual M&M style chocolates. 



Ramune: 
Ramune is a popular Japanese soft drink that has a marble sealing the bottle. This is a light tablet candy that taste like ramune. This taste like bubblegum and lemon-lime and it's similar to sweet tarts. 

Thomas the Train Bubble Gum:
These are your generic bubble gum with a twist, it comes with little paper slip with railroads designed on it. The flavor is also grape which is a nice change since I barely see those kind compared to bubble or fruity flavor. 


Refresh Mint:
This came with a lot of cubes of mint drops, at first the taste of very light and minty then it became very strong. I find this pretty good for when I have a cold or if I just need a fresh mouth. 

Everything in this box tasted delicious, my favorite was definitely the Youkan sweets. Surprisingly, I also liked the Noken Beeno, it wasn't weird tasting (since I don't like vegetable snacks, I'd rather eat the actual vegetable). Overall, all the snacks in this box were fun to taste and review. JapanFunBox are definitely are one of the best so far and have great costumer service. Plus, they have the cutest mascot out there. 

For more information, be sure to check out JapanFunBox's website and subscribe today!

Disclaimer: This box was provided by JapanFunBox for review. All opinions are my own, honest opinions ^_^

No comments :

Post a Comment