Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Okashi Connection March 2016 Box Review


Okashi Connection is an established and one of the older Japanese snack subscription box services in the market. They strive to send treats that can only be found in Japan or that would be hard for the average person to find outside of Japan. They focus on seasonal and tasty foods, plus, no weird flavored or ‘filler’ snacks.

Okashi Connection offers three different boxes to choose from with a base price of $14 for the ninja box, $22 for the samurai box and $33 for the sumo box. They have free worldwide shipping. The box that I'll be reviewing is the sumo box, which includes 14-18 items.



When you first open the box, you are greeted by a description card, which includes the photo of each snack with a description.  


Hinamatsuri Marshmallows
I had my friends try out this snack. They said that the marshmallow itself was very floral hence the cherry blossom description. Also, the red been paste was nice and sweet.  

Pandaro Cookies
The butter cookie tasted like the usual Danish cookies that come in a blue tin. This was my first time trying anything melon flavor besides a melon itself. It really tasted like a melon, it was light but had a distinctive taste. 


Fuwarinka Soft Candy
This soft candy is berry and rose flavored. The taste really surprised me, it really tasted like berry and rose. It was very chewy, sort of like skittles, and was very enjoyable. Plus it comes with health benefits such as collagen, royal jelly, and vitamin C.

Horehore Choco 
This was my first time seeing a sweet that combines gummy and chocolate together and in such a fun way. I got 1 sword, 2 gold coin, 1 huge dinosaur, and 1 fish fossil gummy. I got 600 mil in points from digging though the chocolate for the gummy "artifacts."


Puyo-Puyo Gumi
This gummy comes in 6 different flavors: grape, Muscat, apple, peach, lemon, and soda. They all tasted like they were naturally flavored not artificial. The soda flavor tasted like ramune.

Koala no March 
This is the limited edition custard flavored Koala no March. It kind of tasted like cream collon but way more crunchy. Overall, this was very yummy and if I saw this snack again, I'll definitely buy it.


Pancake Kit Kat 
This is a limited edition Kit Kat with a special Easter theme designs on the bar. It took me a while to pin point what flavor I was actually tasting but the flavor is more like maple syrup. 

Karipori Candy
This comes in two different flavors: Mix Au Lait and Saiko Soda. What's cool about this candy is that the inner layer fizzes so it's like real soda. The Mix Au Lait tasted very fruity to me, maybe like banana flavor. 


Rilakkuma Pretzel 
This crunchy pretzel sticks was honey butter flavor. It was really good that I finished it in 5 minutes. This would go great with tea. 

Look Matcha Cream Chocolate 
This is a chocolate filled with high grade matcha called gyokuro. The moment you open the package, you can smell matcha, which I like. It's very smooth and the flavor of the matcha is great, not overwhelming.


Pipari peanut butter
I'm not a fan of rice crackers but these were pretty addicting. It has a nice mix of sweet and salty, probably because of the peanut butter. Plus, it also has whole cashews which adds to the sweet flavor. 

Monster Stamp
This candy is shaped as a stamp and is cola flavored. You can stamp your tongue with a shape of a monster. The candy itself is pretty hard but it dissolves in the end. 


Yakisoba Ninniku MAX
This was my first time trying fried noodle crisps. It definitely packed a garlic flavor punch. It wasn't overwhelming so it was very delicious. I would buy this again. 

Umai Shimikomi Choco 
These tasted like a more richer flavor version of coco puffs. These slowly dissolve in your mouth as you crunch them. Overall these were great, I hope there's a white chocolate version because I would definitely buy that.

I ate everything within five days, everything in this box tasted delicious. My favorite was definitely the Kit Kat and the Fuwarinka Soft Candy. I also liked the fried noodle crisps, it wasn't weird tasting. Overall, all the snacks in this box were fun to taste and review. Personally, I think all these snacks are worth the price as you get limited edition items, such as the Pancake Kit Kat, which are hard to get. 

For more information, be sure to check out Okashi Connection's website and subscribe today!

Disclaimer: This box was provided by Okashi Connection for review. All opinions are my own, honest opinions ^_^ 

No comments :

Post a Comment