Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Freedom Japanese Market April 2016 Box Review


Freedom Japanese Market is one of the more established and older Japanese snack subscription box services in the market. Along with their subscription box, they also sell snacks separately in their online shop. Most of the items are sold exclusively in Japan.  Also, most boxes contain some limited edition snacks and candies that are only in Japanese stores for a month or two.

Freedom Japanese Market offers three different boxes to choose from with a base price of $12.99 for the Puchi Pack, $24.99 for the Original Subscription Pack, and $45.99 for the Family Pack. They have free worldwide shipping. The box that I'll be reviewing is the Original Subscription Pack, which includes 13-16 items.



Each box contains a handmade, seasonal origami. This month's was a Daruma Doll, which is a traditional Japanese toy and are seen as lucky. 


Umaibo Premium 
I've tried a few Umaibo flavored so far and this is my favorite after mentaiko flavor. It doesn't have a strong flavor of mozzarella and Camembert but it has a nice light taste to it. 

Karappa
I love Japanese curry, I make it all the time. These corn puff rings have a nice subtle flavor of curry and would be great for snacking. I wonder if they sell it in a bigger package.


Dracula Gum
I was afraid to try this as it's supposed to turn your tongue red. It really does taste like cola. I wish it was stronger as the flavor goes away quick. 

Frog Egg Gummy
Of course, it's not really an egg. It's a Coca Cola flavored gummy. It's really good, I wished there was more ;_;


Calbee Cheese Bit
These are delicious. They're corn puffs that are shaped like a shell and they melt in your mouth. They have a light taste of cheese, which is great. If I find these somewhere online or in store, I would buy them. 

Pachi-Pachi Panic!
Starting with the smell, it smells sweet and strawberry. There's two components to this candy, milk ramune and strawberry pop candies. The milk ramune tastes like Hokkaido chewy milk candies. 


Ume Mints
Ume is Japanese plums and is often used to make Umeboshi, or pickled plum. It's really hard to explain the taste but I wish it was more sour though. 

Ramen Baba 
This is great for snacking. It's basically instant ramen noodle bits ready to eat. I wish there was some seasoning since it is a bit bland but yummy overall. 


Chocolate Pie
This sweet was nice and simple. It's puff pastry that is filled with sweet chocolate. It's very light in flavor and it would be great as a snack or with tea and coffee. 

10 Yen Chocolate Coin
This is a chocolate coin that is worth "10 yen." It's pretty good, it's your usual chocolate.

 

Lemon Cheesecake Pocky
This was probably melted at one point since the sticks that are stuck together. This was delicious regardless. It really had the taste of cheesecake with a hint of lemon. I've been wanting to try it since seeing other boxes adding it so I'm happy to see it here. 

Train Chocolate
This was a bonus item in the box. Inside the train is two packets of small chocolate balls. They tastes like the mini version of M&M's. After eating the chocolate, you get a nice train shaped box to keep.



Green Tea Kit Kat
Matcha Kit Kat is definitely one of the most popular flavor of all the Kit Kat flavors.  It is not overly sweet and the delicate green tea flavor as just right. After that, you get the taste of white chocolate. Overall, it's delicious. 

DIY Dodotto TsubuPyon
In this DIY, you get to make sweet and sour gummies. It also comes with rock crystals for topping and this weird purple/pink foam that's supposed to be dipped. I was scared to try the foam so I didn't try that. If you want to see the results, go to my Instagram: Sakura_Harano

What I love about this box is that there was nothing I really wouldn't want to eat, everything was good/great. They only ship products they would eat themselves, and only send boxes they would be happy to receive as a gift. Overall, this box is defiantly a plus. I enjoyed the lemon cheesecake pocky, the Calbee cheese bit, the ume mints, and the curry puffs. You can create a one-time payment for boxes sent out over 3, 6 and 12 months, which is popular in places like Germany where recurring purchases are blocked on PayPal.

If you guys add my blog’s name "Everything Japan" or my blog's URL to the order notes, you will receive a free bonus candy in your first box! Also, they are happy to take any suggestions for any snacks you want to see in the subscription box :D

For more information, be sure to check out Freedom Japanese Market's website and subscribe today!


Disclaimer: This box was provided by Freedom Japanese Market for review. All opinions are my own, honest opinions ^_^ 

No comments :

Post a Comment