Pages

Friday, February 2, 2018

[Review] Ohuhu Markers 60-piece Set

For years I've been interested in trying out alcohol-based markers since all I do these days is digital artwork. I didn't want to invest in Copics or Prismacolors since they're more expensive and I'm just starting out in doing alcohol-based marker artwork. I decided to go with Ohuhu Markers, since they are affordable and gave great results (based on the reviews/videos I've seen. I opted for the 60 set since I'll get a good range of colors).  

 

The set included a large range of pinks, blues, and grays and a good range of purples, greens, and browns. I wish it came with more skin tones since one of lighter tones already ran out and I've only had it for 3 days so far. Luckily there's another color that's pretty close to it so I don't mind for now. 

The markers feature dual tips, broad and fine twin tips for precise coloring and for drawing with both thin and thick lines. They're pretty fast at drying so you don't have to worry about blotches on the paper (I recommend using paper made for markers such as mix media paper, printer paper is a no-no). Below, you can see an example of one of the marker's dual side tips. 


I did a few little fanart doodles to test out these markers and I'm very satisfied on how they turned out, especially for someone like me who has no experience with alcohol-based markers for artworks. It takes a while to make sure that there aren't any streak lines, which I had when it came to the hair since it took awhile to color the whole thing before it dries. 

PhotoPhoto

Photo

Overall, the markers are great for a first timer like me who doesn't want to invest on Copic/Prismacolor Markers just yet. The only thing is that I wished it had more skin tone markers and I hope that in the future, they have an option to buy markers individually just in case one were to run out. I look forward to buy the full 80-piece set to get the full experience of Ohuhu Markers in the future!

If you want to purchase your own set, the Amazon link is down below!

No comments :

Post a Comment